Emergency Assistance and Support
Over-the-phone support and information during the coronavirus pandemic.
National Coronavirus Line 1800 020 080
- For advice on how to seek medical help or get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) you can , or call the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline on 1800 020 080 at any time.
Mental health, safety & support
- If anyone is in immediate danger call 000.
- For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact on 13 11 14 or on 1800 512 348 at any time.
- is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. Kids, teens and young adults can call 1800 551 800 at any time.
- If you need phone and online safety advice contact or the
Support for people living with a disability
- For enquiries, including service requests, plan and support changes and assistance, complaints, escalations and review requests, call 1800 800 110.
Support for individuals and households
- For national emergency relief services, including food, clothing, vouchers or help with bills, contact your local arm of or .
- If you or someone you know requires aged care support contact on 1800 200 422.
- You can also find support from one of 196 Commonwealth-funded emergency relief providers through the .
- For financial counselling, including advice on managing debt, contact the free and confidential by calling 1800 007 007. You can also visit for advice to help you manage your money.
- Those on a low income may be eligible to apply for a 'No Interest Loan'. For more information and details on how to apply, call 13 64 57 or visit .
- For information on JobSeeker payments, other income support payments and Centrelink services call Centrelink Employment Services on 13 28 50.
- For the ATO Customer Service Line, call 13 28 61.
- The Australian Tax Office offers a range of support and assistance to businesses and individuals effected by , as well as such as bushfires, droughts and floods. You can contact the ATO Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218.
- To test eligibility for income support payments, including JobSeeker, visit
- For COVID-19 support measures and information for small and medium businesses call on 13 28 46.
Support for Australians overseas and foreign citizens in Australia
- For information on visa rules and queries regarding extension of visas call 13 18 81 (within Australia) or +61 2 6196 0196 (outside Australia).
- The Consular Emergency Centre provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for friends and family of Australians overseas. For urgent matters call 1300 555 135. For non-urgent matters visit .
Help for parents and carers
- For advice and information about early childhood education and care services with vacancies in your area, contact the helpline on 1800 291 041.